Terms of Reference
Consultant for Conducting Evaluation study for the Project entitled “Improving Practical Aspects of Teacher Education Program in Colleges of Education in the Palestinian Universities in Gaza Governorates”
The Islamic University of Gaza (IUG) has received a Grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) – Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank and European Commission EC for the project entitled: "Improving Practical Aspects of Teacher Education Program in Colleges of Education in the Palestinian Universities in Gaza Governorates". IUG intends to apply part of this grant for the selection and employment of highly qualified Consultant/s to implement an evaluation study for this project.
1) Verify that the goals and objectives of the project have been achieved
2) Assess the percentage of achievement for each of the project phases.
3) Identify the impact of implementing the IPATE project at Palestinian Universities in Gaza Governorates (IUG, Azhar University, and Alaqsa University).
4) Determine the obstacles which encountered the IPATE project.
5) Highlight and evaluate the roles of partners in implementing the project activities and provide recommendations as to how the roles and responsibilities of partners should be monitored in future projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To accomplish the Evaluation study, the consultant should undertake the following tasks:
1. Field visits to evaluate the project activities implemented in each University, and how these activities resulted in the development and improvement of the quality of the Teacher Education programs at the Education faculties in IUG, Azhar, and Alqsa universities.
2. Organize a workshop for members of Education faculties to survey their opinions of the achieved activities of IPATE project, and the academic benefits.
3. Conduct a workshop to a sample of teachers from UNRWA, MOEHE and special schools, to assess the benefits gained from the implementation of the IPATE project.
4. Hold a workshop to students from 4 levels to evaluate the impact of the project on developing their skills and enhancing their knowledge.
5. Distribute questionnaires to about 150 education students, who benefited from the project activities, and survey their opinions of the development achieved from implementing this project.
6. Conduct interviews with supervisors of the project (Donors, the grantee, and partners).
7. Conduct final workshop to present the results and recommendations of the assessment study.
1. Final Comprehensive report for the Evaluation study in technical format. It should include the following items :( hard and soft copies).
ü Back ground of the study.
ü The study procedure followed. It should cover the followings:
§ Interview questions used in focus groups or in interviewing the project stakeholders, copy of the questionnaires, and the trainings and workshops assessment methods.
ü The results of the study. The followings should be covered:
§ Opinions of the education faculty students, the sample of teachers at”UNRWA, MOEHE, and special schools” and the faculty members at the Education faculties of the project activities and the benefits gained from its implementation.
§ Roles of partners in implementing project activities.
§ Results of the study and recommendations.
§ Recommend follow-up activities which could also be ideas for future projects proposals.
N.B: As appendices to the report, include the followings: the designed questionnaires, and reports about the field visits and interviews conducted.
- Executive summary in English not less than 5 pages.
(N.B): all rights of the study are reserved to the project in addition of reservation of researchers rights)( hard and soft copies)
- Minimum of master degree in Education, project management and evaluation, or any other related field.
- Minimum of three years experience in conducting evaluation studies.
- Strong communication skills.
- High skills in gathering and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
Place of work:
Housed within the IUG and will be supervised by the Project Manager.
Time Frame: The duration of the assignment is 3 weeks.
Contract Type: Lump sump
فعلى الراغبين للتقدم لتنفيذ هذه الدراسة التقيمية يرجى ارسال السيرة الذاتية الى البريد الالكتروني email@example.com مع تسليط الضوء على الخبرات السابقة في هذا المجال ، علماً بان أخر موعد لاستقبال السير الذاتية يوم الأحد الموافق 22\6\2010.